Salut!

Welcome to my little blog!

I hope you like it, and I hope you come back really soon to visit - and share with your friends, if you'd like.

Enjoy!

Friday, 3 August 2012

My Big Scary Blog

Okay, so maybe blogging's not that scary. And maybe my blog's not that big. But it is mine, which is about the only relevant bit in my title. Oh well.

I'm going to start keeping a web diary, here on my blog. I've had a private journal/notebook, and I loved it. So I think this is going to be a less-intimate version of that. I'll try to post daily

"Try"


But keep in mind that I'm a junior in high school (aka, I'm in grade eleven. Junior just sounds cooler) and dance four nights a week, so that may not happen. But I do want to try. Just to prove to myself that I can.


I'm going to set some ground rules for myself, and if you catch me breaking them... Let me know in the comments. Please? This is gonna be my "moral code" for this blog.


  1. I'm not going to post anything blatantly hateful about anyone. And if I'm going to be unhappy about something, I'll be polite and tasteful.
  2. If I tell a story about someone, I'll change their names to provide anonymity, and to save my own butt. And, as above, I will try to be nice (or at least polite).
  3. I will do my best to post at least once a week. I know I said up top that it'd be every day, but let's face it: I'm too busy and lazy for that. So at the very least I'll post once a week. No need to set myself up for failure.
  4. I will not take myself too seriously. Self-explanatory, no?
  5. I will not take any feedback I get too seriously. Again, this says it all.
  6. I will remember that this is just for fun, and just to get me to write something other than fiction. (see rule four)
  7. I will post one piece of fiction, be it a short story or a chapter from my wannabe-novel, each month. I'm doing this to force myself to have something new written each month. Win-win.


So there you have it. Those are my self-imposed rules and regulations for my blog. I'm not really sure why it's relevant, but there it is.

So I guess this is the part where I introduce myself? Okay. Well, here goes nothing! My name is Jay, and the name I publish under is a pseudonym. But "Jay" isn't, people in my life call me that. (That made no sense, but just roll with it)

I'm just about seventeen years old. I was born Thursday, December 7th, 1995, which makes me a Sagittarius. I love to read, write, and listen to music. I'm a little too attached to my Blackberry (read: Crack-berry).

I've been dating the same guy for nearly three years, and hope to someday wear his ring. Yes, we're in high school. Yes, we're young. I don't really mind, and he doesn't seem to either. So say what you will, we're happy together as of this summer.

I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to write... But I'm sure something will strike me. For now, I'm going to start something kind of fun. I'm going to write, in each post, a Disney song and/or movie and/or character of the day. So, for today:

Song: "Forever and Ever" From Pooh's Grand Adventure (Winnie the Pooh)
Movie: The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea
Character: hmm.... this is a tougher one. I'm gonna hafta say Tinkerbell for today!

So, there you go! My first official blog post. The next one will be a little different, 'cause it won't be one big introduction. But I think this is the start of a good thing.

xoxo,
Jay




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to let me know what you're thinking - what do you want to see on Almost Anonymous?