Salut!

Welcome to my little blog!

I hope you like it, and I hope you come back really soon to visit - and share with your friends, if you'd like.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Car Trips

Yesterday, my family set out on an epic - literally, fourteen hours - road trip to do some shopping in the U S of A. I'm pretty excited to be here, especially since I've started releasing books via BookCrossing and will be able to leave some in the States.

The car trip, however, was less than glamorous. It was too hot, or it was too cold, or my brother was pushing the cooler towards me, or I was pushing it towards him. We left at five AM, and stopped every two hours to stretch our legs. Luckily, I brought lots of reading material, and was able to sleep quite a bit in the afternoon.  

Now that we're mostly settled in the USA, we've been tourist-ing around and shopping quite a lot. I saw a beautiful dress in Jill McGowen, but it was $275... so it stayed on the rack. I did find a cute second-hand dress in a vintage/thrift boutique, which I'm happy about. It's so comfy and cute! And thrift shopping is so inexpensive, it's great, and everything is unique!
Here are some Tips for Thrifting, no matter where you live. I actually found a great purple dress at a ladies' consignment shop. and it fits like a glove. The trick is to have an idea of the style you're looking for, and to stick to it!

Hmm.. I'm not sure what to write, as the trip's not over yet. I think the most important thing when going away with family is being able to laugh at yourself, and at your embarssing family. They're going to fart in public (excuse my crass language), they're going to call you irritating baby names, and they're going to tell you to hold their hands in NYC, even if you're sixteen-and-a-half. Sh** happens, they love you. They just tend to have a screwed-up way of expressing it!

So I guess that's it for now... I'll write again sometime during or just after the trip!
OH! I should apologize for not blogging in about fourteen days... Sorry! I'll try to do better, I will. I just don't seem to have much to write about. Any suggestions? I know it's hard to see the comment box thingy, but if you click on "zero comments", it'll take you to a page to write one! Please do. I'd love you always :)

Okay, back on track! My Disney song of the day (because I forgot in my last post) is "Cruella DeVille" from 101 Dalmations. It's a funny song. Go on YouTube and watch it. My Disney movie of the day is Tangled. I'm dying to see it! Has anyone seen it?


xoxo,
Jay


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment to let me know what you're thinking - what do you want to see on Almost Anonymous?